Our ABFs meet at 8:45 AM on Sundays in the Gymnasium Building. We currently have 2 ABFs meeting.
ABF 1 is led by Jason Ellinger: In our ABF we are working through the book Radical by David Platt. It challenges us to take a look at how we have made the Gospel fit into our own culture. We are examining how we view God through our own filter, and what Jesus called us to. Instead of looking for ways to make our Christianity comfortable or accepted, we discuss ways that we can live this out and share how we were able to do this from one week to another. Using what we have for the kingdom of God and not just for our own pleasure, holding loosely to the things of this world. This is challenging for sure!
ABF 2 is led by Skip Forbes: In our Adult Bible Fellowship series, titled “Digging Deeper,” we have been on a journey through the wisdom literature of the Old Testament (Proverbs, Job, Ecclesiastes, Psalms). We are presently studying the Psalms. Come join us!
The goals of our Adult Bible Fellowships are:
- To become knowledgeable in the content and theology of the Bible.
- To form and develop the relational bonds of a genuine Christian community that loves, supports, prays for, and cares for one another.
- To develop accountability that encourages believers to live in ways that are consistent with biblical truth.
- To utilize a biblical worldview to make discerning judgments regarding life in this world.
- To become familiar with the historical people and events of our early Christian faith.
- To learn how to lead others to faith in Jesus Christ.
- To develop an awareness of our church missionaries and their mission fields.
The general goal of FBC’s Christian Education is to teach the content of God’s Word and the spiritual truths necessary to develop and mature the faith and walk of every individual in our Church.